The dimensions of Dolphin Sigma are 23 x 19.5 x 13.5 inches, while Polaris 9550 has a 22 x 22 x 22-inch cubic shape.
Dolphin is significantly more lightweight than Polaris, weighing in at 35 pounds compared to Polaris’ 43.6 pounds.
Dolphin Sigma boasts a sleek white design, while Polaris 9550 is characterized by its blue color and intimidating appearance with its large side wheels.
Dolphin employs a unique brush system consisting of dual scrubbers and hyper grip tracks, unlike the solid-blade brush and aqua-Trax tires utilized by Polaris 9550.
Dolphin Sigma is only compatible with Fiberglass, Gunite/plaster, Vinyl pool surfaces, and is recommended for pools measuring 50 feet in length.
In this round, the Polaris pool cleaner has an edge due to its ability to effectively clean all floor types and the capacity to clean pools up to 60 feet.
Despite both machines having a cleaning cycle of 2.5 hours, the Dolphin lacks an easy lift system found in the Polaris, making it more fatiguing to use over extended periods.
The Polaris 9550 pool cleaner utilizes a water propulsion system which enables it to effectively clean debris in hard-to-reach areas such as tight corners and under stairs. In contrast, the Dolphin Sigma’s anti-tangling swivel cable allows for unrestricted movement throughout the pool.
Both machines operate quietly, with low motor noise, ensuring that you won’t be irritated by clicking sounds like some other cleaners find it irritated like some other cleaners that produce clicking sounds.
Despite this, the Dolphin Sigma’s larger filters allow for a more efficient flow of water and a more thorough cleaning of contaminants.
Both Dolphin Sigma and Polaris can set timers and have advanced navigation, but there is a key difference in how they are controlled. Dolphin Sigma can be controlled remotely through a smartphone app, while Polaris requires the use of a handheld remote, which can be less convenient. Losing or breaking the remote can cause issues with managing the Polaris robotic pool cleaner.
Lastly, the simple lift mechanism on the Polaris 9550 is a standout feature. With just the press of a button, the robot will rotate counter-clockwise and wait by the waterline for you to retrieve it. This makes it effortless to remove the device from the pool. In contrast, the Dolphin Sigma does not have this capability, making the Polaris the preferred choice for us in this comparison.
Quick Rundown Of Dolphin Sigma
– Cleaning your pool has never been easier thanks to the Sigma robotic pool cleaner. Its anti-tangling swivel cable allows for smooth movement around large residential pools up to 50 feet. The user-friendly design is complemented by a 3-year quality assurance guarantee.
– Keep your pool sparkling clean without the hassle of cleaning messy bags with the massive top-loading cartridge filters that capture and trap fine and ultra-fine debris.
– Dual scrubbing brushes effectively eliminate tough impurities, including algae and bacteria, from surfaces and waterlines for a complete clean in a swift 2.5 hours.
– With Sigma’s weekly scheduler, you can set it to automatically clean for you on a schedule that works best for you- daily, 2x per week, or 3x per week. If you need to spot clean at any time, simply connect your Sigma to your smartphone using Bluetooth.
– With advanced navigation and scanning software, this cleaner ensures that obstacles won’t disrupt the cleaning process and that your pool is cleaned using the most efficient path.
Quick Rundown Of Polaris F9550
– The 9550 Sport 4WD offers top-notch performance and 5 cleaning modes with its Auto pool cleaner feature.
– Suitable for in-ground pools up to 60 feet in length.
– Polaris has been a renowned global brand in the pool cleaning industry for over four decades, known for its superior automatic pool cleaners.
– The 4WD robotic pool cleaner offers superior cleaning capabilities with its motion-sensing remote, Easy Lift System, dirty canister indicator, and Vortex Vacuum technology.
– The package includes a 70ft cable with a swivel that minimizes tangling, a large 5L debris container, and a handheld remote control. Additionally, a premium caddy is also provided.
The Polaris 9550 stands out due to its impressive features and sleek design, while the Dolphin Sigma offers smartphone control and a sophisticated appearance. We trust that this comparison of the two models has assisted you in determining the best choice for yourself and your household.