The world of coffee machines has improved so much thanks to modern technology. We have moved on from the typical drip coffee machines and pods that prove to be expensive. Brands like Jura are creating automatic coffee machines that make a wide range of coffees with the touch of a button.
To help decide which Jura coffee machine is the right one for you, we are going to compare the Jura Ena 8 and the Jura E8. We will discuss their design, brewing specialties, technology, and capacities. You will see all the specifications in a side-by-side chart, followed by some pros and cons of each. Finally, we will choose the best buy.
Design and Build Quality
The Jura E8 has a sleek and minimalistic appearance that gives off a premium vibe. It is available in chrome, white, and piano black colors and flaunts an elegant traditional look with a button interface. Jura E8 has a compact look despite its luxurious features, such as the built-in water tank, frother, and bean hopper.
On the other hand, the Jura Ena 8 has one of the most compact Jura designs ever. And it rocks these designs in exotic colors such as metallic and red. It showcases the stylish water tank on its side, which is easy to remove and refill! What’s more, it’s designed to complement your kitchen and won’t take up much space!
Usage and Brewing Options
The Jura Ena 8 features a 15-bar pump and thermoblock technology to brew a fantastic shot of espresso. Its TFT color display includes beverage pictures, making it easy to choose the right drink out of the 15 options, even if you can’t remember the name. The settings are easy to manipulate for anyone in this user-friendly coffee maker.
As for the Jura E8, it uses extremely advanced technologies to brew the perfect cup of coffee with no compromises. The process begins with the Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma system (IPBAS) for precise coffee and water proportion. Then the PEP (Pulse Extraction Process) technology takes over to prepare the grounds for extraction.
Milk Steaming & Frothing
The Jura E8 features a separate milk system on the side of the machine. It has a separate milk spout and includes the Fine Foam Frother G2 technology for optimal frothing and steaming. Additionally, the E8 makes life easier with its one-touch cleaning mechanism for the milk system, so it’s always in a clean and brand-new condition.
The Ena 8 doesn’t have a separate milk system. The milk spout is next to the coffee spout and automatically prepares milk beverages. It features the Fine Foam and Cappuccino Frother technology and requires manual system rinsing.
Water Reservoir Tank
The Jura E8’s water tank is built inside the machine, whereas the Jura Ena 8 flaunts its stylish water tank on the side. While the E8 will suit those who want a compact design, the Ena 8 will benefit those who want to monitor their water tank to know when it needs refilling.
The Jura E8 has a higher water tank capacity compared to the Ena 8. This means it can brew more drinks simultaneously compared to the Ena 8. However, the Ena 8 has one thing in its favor: it is relatively easier to clean and refill.
|Jura E8||Jura ENA 8|
|10-ounce bean hopper||4.4-ounce bean hopper|
|1.9 L water tank||1 L water tank|
|17 drinks||10 drinks|
|Brews 2 cups at a time||Brews 1 cup at a time|
|Rotary dial and digital text||TFT touchscreen|
|PEP technology||PEP technology|
|Bluetooth connection available with purchase||Built-in Bluetooth connection|
|Available in black, white, or chrome||Available in red or chrome|
|Check Price||Check Price|
Descaling & Maintenance
The Jura E8 includes an advanced cleaning and maintenance technology – the Claris Smart Water Filter Cartridge. It features an automatic rinsing, descaling, and cleaning mode to keep your Jura coffee machine prim and clean. Furthermore, it monitors the drip tray to alert when it needs to be emptied.
The Ena 8, on the other hand, features the CLARIS Smart mini system. It has the same cleaning options and mechanisms but a smaller water filter system.
Jura ENA 8
- Features a fast burr grinder with 6 settings, so you can adjust the grind size to your favorite type of coffee
- Comes with SmartConnect technology, so you can control it from your smartphone or tablet
- Has integrated indicator lights, so you always know when it’s time to clean the coffee machine or change the drip tray
- Features an adjustable dispenser, so you can use any size cup with the machine
- Has a Zero-Energy Switch system, so it doesn’t use electricity when it’s in standby mode.
- It doesn’t have a programmable milk function, so it can be hard to adjust the milk foam and temperature
- You can only serve one espresso at a time, so it doesn’t have a huge capacity
- COMPACT ONE TOUCH: Prepare 10 barista quality specialties including espresso doppio, cappuccino, flat white...
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- Has an Intelligent Water System, so it lets you know when it’s time to refill the water tank
- Has fast heating, so you don’t have to wait around for your espresso to brew or milk to steam
- Features a bypass doser, so you can use pre-ground coffee in this automatic coffee machine if you prefer
- Offers 17 drink options, so you can make pretty much any beverage you set your heart on
- There’s no pre-brew aroma system, so you won’t get quite as aromatic of a cup of coffee as with some other Jura machines
- The water tank is a bit difficult to fill, so it can be a pain whenever the water level runs low
- 17 Programmed Specialties: The new Jura E8 Automatic Coffee Center will now prepare 17 programmed specialties...
- Professional Aroma Grinder: The Professional Aroma Grinder ensures 12.2% more aroma and consistently high...
- Pulse Extraction Process: The Pulse Extraction Process (P.E.P.) ensures maximum flavor for short specialties,...
Our final opinion on the Jura Ena 8 vs. E8 is that you can never go wrong with a Jura coffee machine. If you are willing to spend a little extra, then the Jura E8 is the best choice for your liking. Especially because it has extra advanced features; however, if you wish to remain on a budget, then the Jura Ena 8 will do you well.
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2023-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API