The iRobot Roomba i3 EVO is a better vacuum than the iRobot Roomba 692. The Roomba i3 EVO has a better performance on all surface types, an automatic dirt disposal feature, and has an allergen-trapping HEPA filter. Nevertheless, the Roomba 692 has a longer battery life and fewer recurring costs since it doesn’t use a dirtbag.
4 reasons to choose Roomba 692
- Automatic cleaning schedules: The smartphone application suggests cleaning schedules for the best Roomba 692 performance based on seasons or personal habits.
- 3-stage cleaning system: Two main brushes with one edge brush lifts small to large dust from all corners and, with significant suction power, store it inside the filter.
- 90 minutes runtime: A 1800 mAh lithium battery offers up to 90 minutes of working time on hard floors.
- Automatic cleaning height adjustment: Roomba 692 automatically adjusts the cleaning head to adapt to all carpet heights after hard floors.
4 reasons to choose Roomba i3 EVO
- Focused cleaning: With Dirt Detect Technology, Roomba i3 EVO focuses on the most crowded areas with the dirtiest places.
- Cleaning time estimation: The iRobot OS estimates the required time for cleaning jobs for one room or the whole house.
- Compatible with Automatic Dirt Disposal Unit: If required, buy a separate Automatic Disposal Unit for Roomba i3 EVO to forget the dust for 60 days.
- Recharge and resume: Roomba i3 EVO goes automatically to the docking station for recharge for 3 hours; after that, resumes the cleaning at the same place.
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
The Roomba i3 EVO uses a gyroscope + optic motion tracking sensor to map the layout of your home; the Roomba 692 uses an iAdapt 1.0 navigation technology
Roomba i3 EVO and Roomba 692 cannot store maps in memory.
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i3 EVO and Roomba 692 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
- CLEAN SMARTER - Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; The Roomba 692 is a great way to begin...
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, AND SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system and Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from...
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while...
Which Roomba is the Best: Roomba i3 EVO or 692?
In a battle between Roomba i3 EVO vs. 692, it’s the Roomba i3 EVO that carries the day. It can sync with the Braava M6 to offer simultaneous vacuuming and mopping, something the 692 can’t. It also offers better vacuuming performance, and its brush isn’t prone to tangling and jamming. Most importantly, the Roomba i3 EVO supports automatic self-emptying, but with the Roomba 692, the bin has to be emptied manually.
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE - Whether you’re relaxing at home or out enjoying life,...
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL - Roomba i3 EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you...
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors...
We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API