The iRobot Roomba 694 and iRobot Roomba 692 are fundamentally identical vacuums and vary only in terms of regional branding.
If you are on the market for an affordable robot vacuum, the Roomba 600 series has plenty of options. Two of the most popular models in the series are Roomba 692 and Roomba 694.
In this Roomba 692 vs. 694 comparison review, find out which model is best for you. But before going into the details, below is an overview of the two models.
The Roomba 692 is a pretty new model that shares lots of features with the earlier Roomba 600 models, talk of the Roomba 690 and 675.
But then, this one has a few extras. The Roomba 692 is ideal for homes with bare floors, including tile, laminate, marble, vinyl, and concrete.
The 692 can also vacuum low pile carpets, and clean pet messes like pet hair and kitty litter.
The Roomba 694 is also a new model released in 2020. It is very similar to the Roomba 692 in terms of cleaning performance, autonomy, and navigation/mapping.
While it was an iRobot exclusive model, you can now find it on many other retailer sites, including Amazon.
The Roomba 69894 is a great robot vacuum for homes with bare floors, carpets, and pets.
Which one to choose Roomba 692 or Roomba 694?
3 reasons to choose Roomba 692
- Smart clean: iRobot OS for Roomba 692 is responsible for setting schedules, sensing dirt, and offering customized suggestions based on habits and daily routines.
- Effectively clean carpet & hard floor: Auto-adjustable head of the robot adapts the head depending on the height of the cleaned surface to perform spotless cleaning of carpets and hard floors.
- Long runtime: The lithium-ion battery of Roomba 692 gives 90 minutes of runtime before automatic docking and recharge.
3 reasons to choose Roomba 694
- Extra-filter in the package: In the box of Roomba 694 extra Aerovac filter is included for convenient change when the time comes.
- Rechargeable battery: 1800 mAh battery of Roomba 694 has a 3 hours average charging time.
- Excellent smart features: The Roomba 694 supports 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, unlocking the possibility for remote operation with the iRobot Home app and voice control with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Roomba 692 Vacuuming
The Roomba 692 uses a 3-stage cleaning system dubbed AeroForce. There is a dual multisurface brush for agitation.
The first brush is for breaking down dirt, while the other one is for lifting agitated dirt. The dual multisurface brush is complemented by a side sweeping brush that reaches the deep corners and wall edges. When it comes to suction power, the Roomba 692 comes with a 1st Gen motor that puts up 550-600Pa.
Also worth mentioning is the Dirt Detect feature that detects places with concentrated dirt.
Roomba 694 Vacuuming
The Roomba 694 is also the same as the Roomba 692 in terms of vacuuming performance.
It also features a dual multisurface brushroll for agitation and dirt pickup. There is also a sweeping side brush that sweeps the wall edges and deep corners.
When it comes to suction power, the Roomba 694 also uses a 1st Gen motor that delivers 550-600pa.
Smart Features and Convenience
We live in the smart home era so when looking for a robot vacuum, consider one that comes with smart features for convenience. In this last segment of this Roomba 692 vs. 694 comparison review, find out the smart features these two Roombas tag along with.
Roomba 692 Smart Features
Roomba 692, just like the 690 and 675, is a smart robot vacuum cleaner powered by 2.4GHz WiFi.
You can sync the robot vacuum with your smartphone for remote operation via the iRobot Home app. On the app, you have all the controls to schedule cleaning or start a cleaning session. But as an entry-level Roomba, you don’t get the premium features such as clean map reports and digital barriers. But worth mentioning is iRobot Home Genius, a pretty new technology that learns and adapts to your cleaning habits to personalize your cleaning schedules.
What’s more? The Roomba 692 works with voice assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant.
- CLEAN SMARTER - Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; The Roomba 692 is a great way to begin...
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, AND SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system and Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from...
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while...
Roomba 694 Smart Features
The Roomba 694 is also an intelligent robot vacuum that unlocks smart features courtesy of 2.4GHz WiFi.
The Roomba 694 allows for remote operation via the iRobot Home app. On the app, you get access to all controls. But just like the 692, the 694 doesn’t have the premium features, talk of digital barriers, clean map reports, etc. But as one of the new Roombas on the market, Home Genius is available to help you personalize your cleaning schedules.
With this robot vacuum, you can also enjoy the convenience of voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Roomba 692 vs. 694 Summary
There you have it, folks, a comparison of Roomba 692 vs. 694. These two Roombas are very similar, but it’s the 694 that carries the day courtesy of the extra filter.
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba 694 takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning...
- 3-STAGE CLEANING POWER - The 3-Stage Cleaning system lifts dirt, dust and debris from carpets and hard floors...
- FOCUSED CLEANING YOU CAN COUNT ON - IRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba 694 robot...
This website is supported by readers. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API