Miele is widely recognized for producing premium quality household appliances, including vacuum cleaners. The firm has a long history, dating back over 100 years, and offers a variety of vacuum models such as,
– Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaners
– Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaners
– Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaners
– Full-Size Upright Vacuum Cleaners
– Robot Vacuum Cleaners.
Miele vacuums are constructed in Germany to endure for two decades, despite only receiving a seven-year guarantee for the motor and exterior, plus a one-year warranty for parts. Nevertheless, the quality of Miele products will provide a satisfactory return on investment.
Miele Canister Vacuum Range – Bagged Models
Miele offers a vast selection of bagged canister vacuums, each with its unique features and cleaning capabilities, including several sub-models.
Miele’s bagged canister vacuums can typically be grouped into three categories: Classic, Compact, and Complete.
The three main categories of Miele’s bagged canister vacuums encompass a total of 18 sub-models.
Deciding between just a few models of a product is simple. But when faced with 18 distinct sub-models, it’s best to have more data to make a well-informed decision.
We have meticulously analyzed and compiled the similarities, differences, benefits, and drawbacks of the various bagged Miele vacuum cleaners. With the extensive information we have provided, you’ll be able to determine which of the Miele C1, C2, or C3 canister vacuum models is best suited to your budget and home cleaning requirements.
Miele C1 vs C2 vs C3 – General Features, Similarities and Differences
All Miele canister vacuum cleaners share the same top suction strength. Formerly, the low-end models had a suction limit of 800W to 890W, but now, the maximum suction for all models is 1200W.
A secure connection of all components is ensured by the Practical Locking System, which can be easily released with a single button press. All models also feature a system for vacuuming breaks with automatic shut off, allowing the floorhead and suction tube to be stored at the rear and in some models, shutting off the motor automatically.
Miele’s bagged canister models are all acoustically insulated, making some of the most tranquil vacuum cleaners available. Moreover, all Miele canisters, excluding the Classic C1 models, come equipped with the Air Clean Sealed System™, ensuring that 99.9% of debris stays within the vacuum.
Miele vacuums comply with the strict standards set by TÜV Nord, a German environmental testing organization, with yearly evaluations. TÜV Nord recommends Miele canister vacuums equipped with HEPA AirClean filters for those with allergy sensitivities.
The Miele AirClean Sealed System® seals the entire vacuum, not just the exhaust filter, ensuring that bacteria and allergens remain contained and don’t escape into the air. The expelled air is even cleaner than the air in the room.
All Miele vacuum models come with a comprehensive range of accessories, including three high-quality standard attachments: an upholstery nozzle, a crevice nozzle, and a dusting brush. These attachments are either integrated or conveniently located on a VarioClip for easy accessibility.
The variations between Miele Classic C1, Compact 1, Compact C2, Complete C1, and Complete C3 include filter type, operating radius, brush type or floorhead type, weight, dust bag capacity, pet hair removal capabilities, and cost.
Miele canister vacuums are equipped with three distinct types of filters.
1. The AirClean Filter effectively removes over 99.9% of fine dust.
2. The Active AirClean Filter neutralizes unpleasant odors, including those from pets and smoking.
3. The HEPA AirClean Filter is ideal for allergy sufferers. It removes fine dust and allergens and comes equipped with a timestrip® indicating when it’s time to replace it.
Miele Classic C1 Canister Vacuum
Miele Classic C1 Features
All Classic C1 models:
– Boasts a peak power capacity of 1,200W.
– Equipped with an upholstery tool, crevice tool, and dusting brush, in addition to the floorheads mentioned above.
– Equipped with an 18ft (5.5m) long cord.
– The Operating Range is 29ft (9m).
– The Dust Bag has a 4.76 qt capacity.
– Miele Classic C1 vacuum weighs around 13 lbs with all its accessories. Meanwhile, the Turbo Team and Cat & Dog versions are slightly heavier because of the additional attachments.
Miele vacuums have a 29.5ft operating radius, allowing for easy cleaning and a dustbin capacity of 4.76 qt to contain your debris. They also feature a rotary power selector and their accessories are stored on the VarioClip.
All Miele vacuums employ the AirClean Filter System, except the Cat & Dog which features Active AirClean Filter System for odor removal. The HomeCare model has the added benefit of HEPA filtration. The Classic C1 line offers four sub-models, priced between $299 to $799. Further specifications are listed below.
Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction
The Pure Suction model boasts a universal floorhead for versatile use and high suction power for comprehensive cleaning.
Miele Classic C1 Turbo Team
The Turbo Squad utilizes a gentle parquet brush for delicate hard floor surfaces. Its turbo brush is appropriate for hard flooring and carpeting with low to medium piles. This brush is also adept at getting rid of pet hair and lint.
Miele Classic C1 Cat & Dog
The Cat & Dog Electrobrush is perfect for deep cleaning tough carpeting, and it has an Active AirClean Filter to tackle unpleasant smells. It also features a Comfortable Handle with a flexible hose connector for ease of maneuvering with a lever action, reducing wrist strain.
Miele Classic C1 Home Care
The Home Care model is equipped with an electro brush for top-notch carpet maintenance, making it ideal for deep cleaning tough carpeting. It is also fitted with a Comfortable Handle for added comfort.
The Classic 1 range offers three models – Turbo Team, Cat & Dog, and Home Care – all equipped with a height-adjustable stainless steel telescopic tube.
Miele Classic C1 – Pros
– The Classic C1 models are a combination of lightness and whisper-quiet operation, offering superior suction power and easy maneuverability. They perform exceptionally well on hard floors.
– Ideal rope length for homes of average size.
– Simple to operate. Equipped with three wheels for mobility.
– The Cat & Dog performs exceptionally well on carpets and hardwood surfaces. It effectively removes pet hair.
– The Cat & Dog eliminates odors as well, through the use of the Active AirClean Filter.
Miele Classic C1 – Cons
– Models equipped with a turbo brush may experience difficulty when the turbo head is used on a carpet with short fibers.
– The lack of a HEPA filter in Classic C1 models has drawn complaints from customers, particularly given the cost of some models.
– Models may experience tipping if caught on a cord, and removing the cord from the hose when docked can prove challenging.
– Hair can become tangled and wrapped around the turbo brush with ease.
– The hose is constructed of plastic.
– The Turbo Team may struggle to effectively remove dog hair from low or medium-pile carpets, while the Cat & Dog model will effectively clean without leaving any hair behind.
Miele Compact C1 Features
All Compact C1 models:
– The maximum power output is 1,200W.
– The floorheads specified in the table are accompanied by an upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, and dusting brush.
– The cord length measures 18 feet (5.5 meters).
– The operating radius is 29 feet (9 meters).
The Compact C1 line includes three sub-models with names resembling those of the Classic C1, with weights ranging from 14 to 16 pounds and prices from $399 to $799. These models feature an adjustable stainless steel telescopic tube for varying heights and a rotary power selector. Accessories are stored on a VarioClip.
Meile Compact C1 Pure Suction
The Compact C1 Pure Suction model is equipped with the AllTEQ floorhead and utilizes high suction power and an adjustable telescopic tube for efficient and convenient cleaning. It is perfect for hard floors and low-pile carpets, with the capability to remove 99.9% of dirt and dust due to its AirClean filter.
Meile Compact C1 Turbo Team
The Compact C1 Turbo Team shares many of the same features as the Classic C1 Turbo Team but with the added benefit of a compact storage system for space-saving purposes. However, it comes with a $100 premium over the Classic C1.
Meile Compact C1 Home Care Powerline
The Compact C1 Home Care PowerLine uses its turbo brush to effectively clean hard floors and low to medium carpeting, and can also effectively remove pet hair and lint. However, it only utilizes the AirClean filter system which cannot eliminate pet odors.
Miele Compact C1 – Pros
– Lightweight, swift, and easily maneuverable around corners.
– Effective on low pile carpeting and hardwood flooring.
– Robust and customizable suction power.
– Ideal for small living spaces.
– Dust bags have a lifespan exceeding three months and the vacuum effectively contains the dust inside.
– The bristle dusting tool included with the Pure Suction is more efficient at removing dust than a handheld duster.
– Operates smoothly at maximum volume. The power cord can be drawn back.
– The adjustable suction feature enables the user to vacuum small rugs without dirt going into the hose.
– Convenient and ideal for cleaning stairs and tight spaces.
– The cylinder has six suction control levels and an additional one on the wand.
– Accesses difficult-to-reach areas.
– Bags are capable of being used again up to five times with some simple modifications.
– Takes no storage room.
Miele Compact C1 – Cons
– No attachments with power, such as a brush that rotates on the floor.
– Not equipped with a HEPA filter.
– The Turbo Team and HomeCare models come with a high price tag.
– The models possess sharp edges that can cause paint damage.
– The unit and its accessories contain significant amounts of plastic, making some parts susceptible to breaking. Despite this, Miele rigorously tests the vacuums to ensure a lifespan of 20 years.
– The dust bag has a compact size.
– This model may not perform well on medium carpets but excels on all types of solid surface flooring.
– The airbrush produces noticeable noise.
– Generally, customers consider the Compact C1 Pure Suction to be of greater value and use compared to the Compact C1 Turbo Team.
Miele Compact C2 Canister Vacuums
Miele Compact C2 Electro+
The Compact C2 is equipped with the Electro Plus Floorhead, optimized for the thorough cleaning of heavy-duty carpets. Those with medium to high pile carpets require a Miele model with a motor-driven floorhead like the Electro Plus, which features an electrically powered brush that removes dirt from the depths of carpets.
The soft parquet brush of the Compact C2 is also gentle on delicate hard flooring. Due to its compact design, it can be conveniently stored in limited space. Additionally, it features a Floorhead and Telescopic Suction Wand that can be stored on either side of the vacuum cleaner.
The vacuum is well suited for families with dust allergies, as it features a HEPA filter that removes fine dust and allergens, resulting in improved air quality. With a weight of 14.3 lbs and an operating radius of 36 ft, it has a 3.7 qt dust bag capacity, which is the smallest among Miele’s canister models.
The Miele Compact C2 features a rotary power selector and its accessories are attached to the VarioClip. Additionally, it is equipped with a comfortable handle and a single-touch control Comfort cable rewind, activated by a foot switch, making it easy to pack the cords without having to bend down.
Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Pros
– Maximum vacuum power.
– The electro brush effectively works on all types of carpets and wood floors and is suitable for carpet heights of all levels.
– Clean air is achieved through the HEPA filter and AirClean Sealed System.
– The cord rewind is reliable and always works.
– It is lightweight and easy to maneuver and store.
– Changing bags is quick and straightforward, with tight bags that prevent dust from escaping when they are removed.
– It operates quietly at low power and has minimal noise at high power.
Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Cons
– Although the vacuum is expensive, it offers great value for its performance on a high pile and plush carpets, especially when compared to the more expensive Miele Complete C3 Marin which is designed for all carpet types.
– The compact design does result in a smaller dust bag, but it takes a while to fill and ultimately depends on the frequency of vacuuming and the size of the home.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum
Miele Complete C2 Hardfloor
The Miele Complete C2, with an operating radius of 33 feet and a dust bag capacity of 4.76 quarts, weighs approximately 17 pounds. This vacuum cleaner, ideal for big houses, is one of the heavier models in Miele’s range and is our top choice for bagged vacuums in the premium category for hardwood flooring.
The C2 Hardfloor is equipped with a protective parquet AllTeQ Floorhead for gentle handling of delicate hard floors and short carpets, as well as a stainless steel adjustable telescopic tube. Additionally, this model has a Bumper Strip safety feature that shields furniture and appliances from collisions. The Complete C2 is also equipped with a rotary power selector and integrated accessories and uses an AirClean Filter.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum Pros
– The bag hood is slightly elevated and the accessories are kept in a compartment under a pop-up lid on the top of the canister, ensuring that nothing is lost or caught, and all tools are within easy reach. The canister rolls smoothly and the wheels are designed not to scratch the floors. It glides quickly and effortlessly across hardwood and ceramic surfaces.
– The vacuum seems to be very durable and well-constructed, and the adjustable suction settings are a bonus.
– This vacuum is ideal for cleaning hardwood floors and removing pet hair, making it effective at removing fluffs and cat hair from rugs.
– The wand is long enough to access nearly every nook and cranny.
– Ideal for families with children, pets, and larger homes.
Miele Complete C2 Canister Vacuum Cons
– Not appropriate for carpets with medium to a thick piles.
– Costly, yet we believe the worth of its quality is justifiable.
Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum
Miele Complete C3 Features
All Complete C3 models:
– Capable of reaching a peak power output of 1,200W.
– In addition to the floorheads, it is equipped with an upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle, and dusting brush.
– Equipped with a 24ft (7.5m) cord.
– Operating range of 36ft (11m).
The C3 is comprised of several sub-models, primarily consisting of high-end vacuums. These models weigh between 20-23 lbs with accessories included, making them heavier than the C2 and C1. With a cord length of 24ft (7.5m) and an operating radius of 36ft (11m), the C3 offers the greatest reach in the Miele canister line. Furthermore, its dust bag capacity of 5.2 qt is larger than that of the C2 and C1.
In addition, the Miele C3 is a more powerful full-sized canister vacuum compared to the C2 and C1 and performs exceptionally well on all types of carpets. The sub-model options allow you to select the most suitable floorhead for your flooring.
The accessories are built-in and the suction power can be adjusted through either foot or handle controls. Except for the Cat & Dog model, all C3 sub-models are equipped with a HEPA Air filter for improved air quality. The suction power can also be adjusted using foot controls with a plus/minus function, except for the Brilliant and Homecare+.
Miele Complete C3 Calima
The Miele Complete C3 Calima is equipped with a HEPA filter to meet the highest filtration requirements. Its unique double-Swivel Neck makes it ideal for cleaning in tight spaces and corners. The machine features a Turbo brush that gently cleans delicate hard floors with the help of the flexible Parquet Twister. Additionally, the turbo brush effectively removes pet hair and lint. It also comes with convenient features such as Cable comfort rewind, a Bumper strip, and a Comfort telescopic suction wand.
The Comfort telescopic tube of the wand can be extended to the desired working height with ease and then locked into place. The increased diameter of the tube enhances the airflow, resulting in exceptional cleaning performance. Additionally, the rubber coating at the top of the tube prevents it from sliding down when leaned against a wall.
Miele Complete C3 Alize
The Miele Complete C3 Alize features the AllTeQ floorhead, making it ideal for cleaning delicate hard floors and low-pile carpets. It also has an adjustable working height enabled by a Stainless steel telescopic tube.
In addition to its Comfort handle, Comfort Cable Rewind, Comfort telescopic suction wand, and Bumper Strip, the Alize also has the innovative Dynamic Drive Swivel Castors. These castors, mounted on steel axles, can rotate 360° and are equipped with shock absorbers. The rubberized castors move smoothly, are scuff-proof, and are durable, resulting in quiet operation and protection for delicate floors.
Miele Complete C3 Kona
The Miele Complete C3 Kona includes an electro brush for the thorough cleaning of heavy-duty carpets and is powered by the electro-telescopic suction wand. Its double-Swivel Neck is perfect for accessing tight spaces, while the gentle Parquet Twister is ideal for delicate hard floors. Other features include the Comfort handle, Comfort cable rewind, and Bumper Strip.
Miele Complete C3 Soft Carpet
The Miele Soft Carpet vacuum shares many similarities with the Kona model, but it is specifically designed for soft carpets, rugs, and high-pile surfaces. The electro powerhead features easy height adjustments with just a tap of the foot.
The Miele C3 Soft Carpet is equipped with a Park System and an automatic switch-off feature. If you need to take a break while vacuuming, you can simply place the floorhead into the rear of the machine and it will shut off automatically. The vacuum will turn on again once the floorhead is removed.
The model also includes added convenience features such as a filter change indicator to remind you when the exhaust filter needs to be changed for optimal filtration and a thermal protection indicator for added safety.
Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog
The C3 Cat & Dog has similarities to both the Kona and Soft Carpet models. Despite the dust bag being full, it still operates with max suction power and can be utilized on any type of floor. Instead of a HEPA filter, it has an Active AirClean filter to eliminate odors efficiently.
The Miele full-sized canister vacuum is ideal for big homes with furry companions and is considered one of the finest canister vacuums available.
Miele Complete C3 Home Care
The Miele C3 HomeCare provides exceptional performance and convenience, setting it apart in the Miele canister lineup. It features a wide range of accessories to tackle any cleaning task, including a versatile crevice tool and AllTeQ floorhead suitable for both hard floors and low-pile carpets.
With the Complete C3 HomeCare, you have the option of selecting from three diverse Electro Brush Floorheads to create your ideal vacuum.
1. Electro Comfort Power Nozzle (SEB 217-3)
2. Electro Plus Power Nozzle (SEB 228)
3. Electro Premium Power Nozzle (SEB 236)
Miele Complete C3 Marin
The C3 Marin is equipped with a top-notch electro brush that features LEDs for the best carpet cleaning experience. It is ideal for deep cleaning heavy-duty carpeting and can be adjusted to the desired height.
The suction power adjustments for the C3 Marin are managed via foot controls, instead of on the handle.
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant
The ultimate performance and versatility can be achieved through the top-notch Miele Complete C3 Homecare+. This is the priciest model among all Miele canisters.
The Miele C3 Brilliant is an advanced model with multiple premium floorheads and a Park system that illuminates. It offers a comfortable grip with a SpotLight to brighten every corner and has an XL flexible Parquet Twister for gentle cleaning on delicate hard floors.
Miele Complete C3 HomeCare+
The Miele C3 HomeCare+ boasts the same level of quality as the C3 Brilliant, offering a versatile and convenient cleaning experience for different types of flooring. With its AllTeQ floorhead for hard floors and low-pile carpets, deluxe comfort handle controls, and the premium electro brush with LED lights for medium to high-pile carpets, this model provides deep cleaning for all carpet types.
Miele Complete C3 Pros
– The Complete C3 models are ideal for tile and hardwood floors, boasting powerful suction that effortlessly picks up debris.
– The Complete C3 line of vacuum cleaners excels on tile and hardwood flooring, offering remarkable suction that captures every speck of dirt.
– These large Miele canisters are ideal for spacious homes and come equipped with spacious dust bags.
– The Kona floorhead allows for turning off its brush to the protection of delicate rugs and hardwood floors.
– The metal extension handle is solid, strong, and glides easily to be extended or folded.
– This vacuum cleaner effectively removes pet hair and eliminates odors, with bags that have a longer lifespan.
– People suffering from allergies tend to find complete C3 models highly beneficial.
– Furniture and cabinets are safeguarded with bumpers. No scratching will occur.
– Maneuvering in tight spaces is effortless, with the electro brush efficiently picking up and grooming carpets.
– Auto shut-off in case of overheating.
Miele Complete C3 Cons
– They are expensive canister vacuum models.
– The Calima vacuum drags across low-pile carpets and rugs.
– Calima doesn’t have a handle on the suction wand and this makes it uncomfortable to grip.
– The bare floor attachment could prove challenging to maneuver under pieces of furniture.
– The cord rewind mechanism on the Soft Carpet is delicate, causing the cord to rapidly retract with even the slightest touch of the hose.
– Some individuals find the connection between the wand and power brush on the Marin problematic to use. It may require effort, such as struggling, wiggling, and pushing, to secure it in place.
– Although pricey, these vacuums are top-notch and have been expertly engineered in Germany. High-quality products like these don’t come at a low cost and have the potential to last a lifetime.
Comparison between Miele C1, C2 and C3 Canister Vacuums
Comparing the C1, C2, and C3 models can be challenging. The models offer both advantages and disadvantages, which vary across their spectrum. The sub-models within C1, C2, or C3 might hold what you require the most.
It should be noted that Miele C3 models come at a higher price point. Despite this, their superior design, aesthetic appeal, and extra features set them apart from the rest. Nearly all of them also features a HEPA filter, which is beneficial for those with allergies. Some C2 models also include a HEPA filter or an Active AirClean Filter to remove odors.
The Compact C2 is a more compact, lightweight design that is easy to move from place to place, making it an ideal option for homes with multiple levels.
To make an informed comparison, it’s also useful to compare sub-models with similar names across different models. For instance, you can compare the Classic C1 Cat & Dog to the Complete C3 Cat & Dog. Both are designed for pet-friendly homes and excel in filtration and odor control, meaning the decision between the C1 and C3 will likely come down to home size and budget.